Beginning of the Beginning

So I'm here at BYU I and I thought to myself. Its a new year, beginning of a new school semester, why not start the new beginnings of a blog. I don't really know how these work and my posts are going to be short and sweet until I become good at this thing.
So our semester started a week and a half ago. I am staying in some very nice apartments named The Ivy. They look like a nice hotel equipped with a flat TV, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, laundry room, and garbage service. I guess you could say we are living the life. I LOVE my roommates. There are a total of 5 of us. Chantel-we were friends and we met last semester and we defiantly hit it off from the start, Michelle, Kylie, and Linzy. We defiantly know how to have fun. Everyone here cooks so our apartment tends to always smell like warm, fresh food. I honestly couldn't have asked for better roommates.
Classes. This semester I signed up for Anatomy, Science Foundations, Writing, Book of Mormon, and Nutrition. I found out how hard college is going to be. Last semester was very laid back because I only had one class a day, 3 days a week. this semester will be very different. I will be taking advantage of the tutor system and study groups.
My ward. my ward is made up of the 3rd floor of the Ivy and then local singles, so our ward is small and 99.9 percent is Return missionaries. I'm trying to decide how I feel about this. Again to make this semester a little more difficult I will be serving as the relief society secretary. This will be a test of my time management and leadership skills. I am looking forward to doing my best in this calling and I am hoping that I grow spiritually thanks to this experience.
Free time. free time I am afraid will be very limited. Over this last weekend I was able to meet people and attend an 80's dance party. I think my mom was slightly more excited about it than I was for as soon as she heard I was going to one she called me up giving me suggestions of what to wear. I love my mom and her excitement she has in my college experience. We also were able to have some friends over from last semester for dinner tonight. It was fun getting to see them again and catch up, I truly am blessed to have so many people around me who are good influences. I am defiantly excited for this semester.
I figure since this is my first post I should probably list my goals I have for this semester as well as year.
1. Learn and understand time management.
2. Increase my learning and comprehension abilities
3. Appreciate others and their stories
4. Be someone who people can look at and see the light of Christ in my actions.


Here's to the beginning of a new beginning.

Comments

Popular Posts