Always Learning.

This semester is coming to an end, and as I'm procrastinating the cleaning that needs to be done, I've been thinking about all the things that I have learned this semester.
When it comes to school I definitely underestimated my Writing class the most. Instead of learning a ton, I feel like I am leaving that class slightly more confused about what good writing is. Don't fret, I still got a nice solid grade out of there though. :)
I was also able to learn a ton in my other classes of Anatomy and Physiology, Basic Nutrition, Book of Mormon, and Science foundations.
Not only am I learning many new things in college, but as I was zoning off in class today I was trying to figure out why I got such a good feeling about going here even though I didn't have any desire to be here. And I'm beginning to understand. I have learned so much and my desires of completely changed. This semester especially, feelings and ideas that I always had were confirmed.
This semester I was trying to understand the difference between being humble but still standing up for my beliefs. I have decided that being humble is being able to accept the ideas of anyone and trying to understand the views of anyone, because all of us have different views and ideas how are any of us supposed to know who is right and who is wrong? Being humble is also not being defensive. Dad has always taught me that many problems are caused my defensiveness and taking offense. Being humble is being able to not take offense by opinions of others and not getting defensive during accusations. I can choose to be humble or not, and I have learned that being humble is not always easy at the beginning but it creates a more pleasant environment in the long run.

Another thing that I really came to learn is tolerance. Here at BYU-I you always meet new people who have different views, opinions, mannerisms, etc... This makes people who they are, who am I to make assumptions and judgements when I have my views, opinions, and mannerisms? I have been trying my best to be the best me I can be, and embrace the people around me. They have contributed ideas that have made me a better person.
Finally, I have been trying very hard to grow to love Rexburg. Last semester was particularly difficult as I was just getting used to the whole college thing and finding friends was a little difficult. This semester I met soooo many AMAZING people who have made me a better person! but I still had a bad attitude toward this town, and a friend of mine brought that to my attention. He asked me why I hated Rexburg so much and I didn't have a good reason, it was all in my attitude, which reminded me of Spain. No matter where you are, it is what you make it. Don't get me wrong, its hard to find things to do in Rexburg that doesn't cost money in the winter besides watch movies and eat food, but I thought about who I was spending my time with, and it was the people that make my experiences so great. When I surrounded myself with people that wanted to get to know me and and I could grow closer with by just talking made this semester in Sexy Rexy so much better. Its still a work in progress but I am definitely looking forward to this Spring semester.
Well I'm soo grateful for all the experiences I had this Winter Semester, and now time to figure out what my goals for next semester are, but for now its time to go finish some cleaning and prepare for California! :)

Comments

  1. WOW! What a great post! Your growing up and sound sooo mature. We're glad you are having a good time and meeting so many great people. Here is to Spring term and hopefully warm weather. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog through facebook! love it. Mckenzie this post is awesome! Yeah i agree, it was hard to get used to rexburg and college (and maybe even the people too), but I've really grown to love it here. You're right, its what YOU make it. Let's hang out next semester please?

    http://allisoncelestia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts