LIfe's greatest accomplishments are those that at first seem impossible.

Crossing the finish line was an experience that I have never had before and I don't think that it can be compared to any other kind of experience. When I crossed that line I was filled with tears of joy, aches and pains from my muscles, and I was in disbelief.
I am proud to say that I have completed my first half marathon! I never really understood the point of running for super long distances for a simple medal and maybe shirt.. however I now have a greater respect for what my mom and so many other people do to train themselves. That feeling was amazing! I ended with a time of 2:27 even, not bad I'm told for having only run a max of 3 miles for my training.
After the race instantly my muscles began to tighten up and become sore, I stretched and when we got back I had the chance to experience my first ice bath. That definitely took my breath away and I don't think I'll be doing that again any time soon. The whole rest of the day I spent on the ground or on the couch. My body didn't want to do anything else. Even now as I am writing this post I am on the couch and not interested in walking around as if I'm pregnant. :) Despite the pain and fatigue I now feel, I can now say that I am a half-marathoner and it was an unforgettable time with my mom.

Comments

Popular Posts