The Fun has Begun

I have heard it said that once you get married the fun is over, biggest lie I have ever heard. The fun is just beginning. I know it has been awhile since I posted and that is because I GOT MARRIED!

The experience was breathtaking, there was no holding back tears because of the joy that filled my heart. I got married in the Draper temple and the beauty in that was in the temple was so amazing, getting married to my love for eternity was the best decision I have ever made.
We got married on December 15th, a day that will be remembered as the day that wind, snow, and chills soaked our bones. The beauty of the white snow that surrounded us made for amazing pictures, thanks to Sara Boulter our photographer, if you are in Utah I highly recommend her, she was great and so much fun to have there.
Our reception was held at the old meeting house, it was small and warm. I loved being able to see family that I hadn't seen in a long time. And having those people there made me feel the love of family and I appreciate everyone who made it.




I would be lying it I didn't say I was very excited to leave after the reception because Taylor planned the greatest honeymoon on the planet. The next morning we left for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico where we were going to a 7 day all inclusive resort. stepping off the plan was a breath of fresh air. Taylor and I felt amazing being back in the Spanish culture, and the warm sun beating on our face felt a million times better than having 20 degree weather freezing us. It was much needed after a hard semester for Taylor and a rough job for me and add being apart from each other for 3 months.

The whole time we were there it was 80 degrees and sunny. We spent most of our time by the pool, sipping virgin mojitos and pina coladas, or on the beach. All inclusive is the way to go for being a newly wed because of how cheap it is. While we were there we decided one day to go on an adventure, an extreme adventure that is... We booked a tour with a company and on Wednesday morning we woke up early and we piled on an old military carrier that broke down in the middle of the rain forest. At last we made it to our adventure where we did a canopy tour of zip lines and repelling  drove razors through the rainforest, and ended with the 5th longest zip line in the world, it was so much fun! The rest of the Honeymoon was again spent by the pool and enjoying the all you can eat which we are now working off...



As things have now settled down and we have our own apartment we are enjoying the greatness of marriage, and not a day has gone by when I don't think to myself how lucky I am to have my best friend there all the time. You can bet that the next entries you read are going to be bragging about how much I love Taylor, call it a phase but I call it true love and we plan on keeping it that way.


Comments

  1. Good times! Cute post! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be fun! Glad you blog because I love hearing about your lives and seeing the pictures! Best friends and great love will make it a wonderful journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading about such happiness! You two are beautiful together. There are many happy years to come, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah!!! I have been wanting to see pictures. I am so happy for you, McKenzie. I loved hearing your love story on runs with your mom. You two seem like a perfect fit and you have the right attitude- Marriage is only the beginning and you can make it so fun! Jeff and I still love to do crazy things together. We didn't get to zipline until a couple of years ago, but it shows we still know how to have fun. Congrats!! The snow in the picture is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations and best wishes in all the years to come :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts