Boise, 4 wheels, and family

This weekend it was time to get out of Rexburg, despite all of its great happy qualities it takes some skill to find something to do in Rexburg every weekend. So this weekend Taylor and I headed west to visit my family in Nampa. We left Friday afternoon, drove 4 hours and made it just in time to enjoy a night our for dinner with grandparents. We went and enjoyed mexican food, Taylor got to order and speak in spanish which got us free dessert :)
One of our reasons for going to Nampa was to go 4 wheeling with my grandpa, he retired and loves taking them out and riding through the mountain, so that is exactly what we did all day Saturday. We went up to a ghost town called Silver City and explored the area and had a picnic out there, it was beautiful, its amazing to see so much beauty around us. 4 wheeling was a blast, I don't think I had laughed and had that much fun in a long time. That night we were exhausted, but my whole extended family got to come over and BBQ with all of us. It was a grand ol time, listening to people crack jokes and eating yummy food. It was good to see them after such a long time. That night Uncle Joe chaperoned Taylor and I on a date... I  thought that only happened in Junior High, apparently you are never too old to let your uncle take you and your college boyfriend on a date. We went to a late night showing of Avengers and ice cream. It was....interesting.... but made for some good laughs. When we got home we passed out.
Sunday morning we made it to sacrament and by 1 o clock were on the road again. Now I am back in Rexburg getting ready to start another week of school. But I am so glad Taylor and I had the chance to go visit family and 4 wheeling, it was a great break and

Comments

Popular Posts