Utah, 4th of July, Demolition Derby

Crazy fun week this last week. We're getting down to the last 2 weeks of school but this last week we got a break to do some way awesome fun things.
Last Friday Tay and I drove down to Utah because my family was there and we got to hangout and mooch off the fam. We spent all day Saturday at Lagoon. It was fun, definitely learned that Taylor doesn't do well on fast, spinning, or extreme rides. Within the first hour we had to take him and sit down for a cool down. Poor baby, but I got quite a kick outta it. On Sunday we went to church, came home and watched the Spain eurocup final. I brought back such good memories of Europe and the people. Right before Tay and I left we enjoyed a good ol' family BBQ and boy, do I love my family we had some good laughs and a great time.

So then we came back to Rexburg.... On Tuesday we got invited to stay the night on a cute little fishing boat out on the Palisades lake. We got there tuesday night and had our selves a little dinner party on the dock and then went to bed. On the 4th we celebrated by waking up at the crack of dawn and ate a delicious breakfast of bacon and pancakes. Jesse's dad came a little later with the ski boat and we spent the whole rest of the day boating and hanging out on the lake. A perfect way to celebrate our country's independence.

Finally we ended the week with a county demolition derby. It was so much fun! I never would have thought I would get to go to one. But Tay and I went with a couple friends and we had a blast watching cars destroy each other, something I never thought I would enjoy, it reminded me a lot of Bull fights in Spain, people cheering to see things be destroyed, but it was well enjoyed. Overall an amazing week. And the countdown to vacation time begins.

Comments

Popular Posts