Why has it been months since I last wrote something? I could blame it on a lot of things like my lack of motivation, my procrastination, the fact that I have a boring life... but none of those would be the truth, the fact is since April 17 I hadn't had a single day without the love of my life and future husband Taylor Nielsen.

Boy oh boy is he wonderful. And as of Friday at 10:10 he became my fiancee!!! The excitement in my head hasn't cleared yet and I doubt it will for a long time! I keep looking down at my hand and can't help but get butterflies all over again. He nailed everything about proposing and I have to write this down before I forget. But it all started Friday afternoon, I was sitting on my bed and my phone started ringing with a number that I didn't recognize. Usually I don't answer these calls but I reluctantly answered. It was my boss at work telling me not to come in on Saturday due to over-staff. This was the best news and I immediately sprang from my bed and started throwing clothes into my laundry basket to take to Rexburg to see Tay, I called Taylor multiple times so excited with the news, after leaving a voice mail I called my best friend(his sister) to tell her that I was on my way and would be there in 3 hours, she sounded so excited on the phone, little did I know she was freaking out, after talking to her my phone started ringing and my Dad called to tell me that he had great news and that my mom was coming to surprise me for my birthday. It became a bitter sweet moment because I had wanted to see Taylor so bad but now I got to spend girl time with my mom.
As the night progressed I went with my uncle and his family to watch my cousin cheer at her game and we were going to get some food after. That is all I could think about literally! The fact that Taylor might be popping the question was not anywhere on my mind.
 After the game it was dark and my cousin, her friends, and I piled into the car and started driving for food, with my head in my lap glued to my phone waiting for the next time Taylor would text me I failed to realize where we were going. Next thing I know I look up and we pull up to a park with a huge gazebo in it with a pathway lit up with white bags with candles in them.



The tears started coming, and coming fast. My cousin helps me out of the car and hands me a rose and a note reading "There are millions of reasons why I love you. I have lit up a few of them for you tonight. Follow them..." Each white lunch bag had written on it a reason why Taylor loved me all leading up to this gazebo where he was standing with our favorite song playing. As I walked up to the gazebo another person gave me more beautiful roses and I continued my way up to Taylor where we got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. It was the most magical experience ever. EVERYTHING was perfect, the ring, the setting, and the best person I could ask for.
 There are some things that words can describe but the experiences I have had with him cannot be described in words. He means the world to me and I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with him. Sweetheart, I love you most. 

Comments

  1. Gonna make me cry girl! Surriiously. SO perfect. I can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how sweet! I am so glad to have you as a "new" daughter and be a part of our family! Taylor has chosen the perfect girl for him and I know he will make a good husband for you! It's fun to see the pictures and have you describe the evening, now I have it from both perspectives. How romantic! Love you Mckenzie for the friend you are to Chantel as well! You Rock this family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you and Taylor! I am so excited you'll be my sister!! I can't wait to see you guys get married :). You'll be a gorgeous bride! Good luck with everything! I hope you know you can call me anytime for whatever. Can't wait to get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts